2.2. SERVER SETUP
CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
Refer to page 65 if you need to restart any services.
To start or stop a service
1. Click on the Service Manager link in the Server Setup menu.
2. Click on the tick boxes next to the required services to start or stop them.
3. Click on the
Enable or disable SuExec
SuExec is an Apache feature that gives users the ability to run CGI and SSI programs using user IDs that are
different from the user ID of the calling web server. This effectively means that CGI and SSI programs will not
have access to the root account or have root permissions.
Refer to the SuExec support page for more information about the advantages and risks of SuExec.
To enable or disable SuExec:
1. Click on the Enable/Disable SuExec link in the Server Setup menu.
2. Click on the
button to enable SuExec or click on the
button to disable SuExec.
Wheel group (su)
The Wheel group is a user group that can gain access to root on your server by using the su command (create a
shell with the entered user id). You can add and remove users from that group as required.
To add a user to the Wheel group:
1. Click on the Add/Remove Users from the Wheel Group (allow su) link in the Server Setup menu.
2. Click on the required user in the displayed list and click on the