CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
The Backups area deals with configuring and restoring backup files and versions of key files (such as httpd.conf).
You can specify how often backups occur and where backups are placed either on the same server or on a
separate backup drive.
Note: The backup interval options work in the following fashion:
Daily WebHost Manager performs separate daily, weekly, and monthly backups.
Weekly WebHost Manager performs separate weekly and monthly backups.
Monthly WebHost Manager performs only monthly backups.
To configure backups:
1. Click on the Configure Backup link in the Backup menu.
2. Click on the Enabled radio button. Click on the Disabled radio button only if you do not want backups
3. Click on the Daily, Weekly, or Monthly radio button.
4. Click on the Enabled radio button next to the Remount/Unmount backup drive text if you are using
a dedicated backup drive.
5. Enter the location of backups in the available field. This should be a dir/nfs/coda mount with at least twice
the space of all your /home* partitions.
Warning: Do not set this to your /home directory.
6. Click on the
Restore a backup
You can restore all backup files that you have created using WebHost Manager.
WebHost Manager copies over each previous backup with the latest backup. For example, each daily
backup copies over the previous daily backup, and each weekly backup copies over the previous weekly backup.
To restore a backup:
1. Click on the Restore Backups link in the Backup menu.
2. Click on one of the following buttons:
3. Click on the user name from the available list that you want to backup.