2.7. ACCOUNT FUNCTIONS
CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
The Account Functions area deals with all of the functions necessary to create and manage web hosting accounts,
from creating and editing accounts to mailing all user and listing all subdomains. Refer to the many sub topics
below for more information on using the account functions in WebHost Manager.
The List Account function displays all of the accounts on your server. It displays a variety of detailed information
including the account's domain name, IP number, user name, contact email, partition location, and disk space
quota. At the bottom of the list is the total number of accounts and a search function that enables you to search
for specific types of accounts.
To list your accounts:
1. Click on the List Accounts link in the Account Functions menu.
2. A detailed list of accounts on your server is displayed. If you need to find a subset of your accounts, click on
one of the listed radio buttons, enter the search criteria in the available field, and click on the
Create a new account
WebHost Manager enables you to quickly add new accounts you simply fill in the fields to specify the account
details. Using packages will speed up this process considerably refer to page 40 for more information.
Note: The cPanel / WebHost Manager package does not support domains or usernames that start with numbers.
Do not create accounts that start with numbers as you will not be able to use some functions on these accounts.
To create a new account:
1. Click on the Create a New Account link in the Account Functions menu.
2. If you want to use a predefined package for this account, click on the required option in the Package
drop down list. This will fill in many of the fields automatically.
3. Enter the domain name and username of the account in the Domain and UserName fields. The User
Name field will automatically populate with the first 8 characters of the domain name, but you can change
this to whatever you want.
4. Enter the password and disk space quota for the account in the Password and Quota fields.
5. Indicate whether this account is an IP address or not in the Ip tick box. If ticked, all accounts created with
this package can not use a domain name.
6. Indicate whether CGI access, Shell access, and Frontpage Extensions are allowed in the CGI Access, Shell
Access, and Frontpage Extentions tick boxes.
7. Enter the maximum number of items allowed in the Max Ftp Accounts, Max Email Accounts, Max
Email Lists, Max SQL Databases, and Max Sub Domains fields.
Note: Enter the text unlimited if you do not want to place a limit on any particular item.