CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
The Software area deals with installing and updating server and system software on your server.
Install an RPM
RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) is a common way of installing software. WebHost Manager enables you to
install a large number of different packages, if and when required, and re install them if a problem occurs.
To install an RPM:
1. Click on the Install a RPM link in the Software menu.
2. Click on the package that you want to (re)install.
3. Click on the Ignore Dependencies tick box if you want WebHost Manager to ignore any dependencies
that may occur during installation.
4. Click on the Force Install tick box if you are reinstalling a package.
5. Click on the
Install a Perl module
Perl modules are a collection of Perl scripts that allow you to perform one or more functions.WebHost Manager
enables you to install a number of Perl modules if and when you require them.
To install a Perl module:
1. Click on the Install a Perl Module link in the Software menu.
2. Enter the name of the Perl module that you want to install in the available field and click on the
3. Click on the link to install the required Perl module.