CHAPTER 2. HOW DO I USE WEBHOST MANAGER?
1. Click on the SSL Manager link in the SSL/TLS menu.
2. Click on the
button to view the text of a file or the
button to view the binary form of the file.
Generate an SSL certificate
You can generate an SSL certificate, consisting of an RSA private key and certificate, for any domain using
WebHost Manager. An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate is a public key which is verified by a trusted
organization (in this case RSA Data Security, Inc. , a recognized world leader in cryptography and the global
de facto standard for public key cryptography and digital signatures). This will allow viewers of an SSL site to
verify the identity of the web site by its public key.
To generate an SSL certificate:
1. Click on the Generate an SSL certificate and Signing Request link in the SSL/TLS menu.
2. Enter the email address to send the certificate to in the Email Address the Cert will be sent to field.
3. Enter the domain that the domain is being created for in the Host to make cert for field.
4. Enter the administration details of the certificate in the Country, State, City, Company Name, Com
pany Division, and Email fields.
5. Enter the password for the certificate in the Password field.
Install an SSL certificate
Once you have generated or received an SSL certificate (refer to page 63 for more information), you can install
the certificate using WebHost Manager. You need both the certificate and key files to install the certificate.
To install an SSL certificate:
1. Click on the Install an SSL Certificate and Setup the Domain link in the SSL/TLS menu.