3. Execute the
command. The Install DB2 V6 screen opens.
4. Using the Tab key, change the highlighted option to
DB2 UDB Enterprise
. Press the
key to select this option. Tab the highlight to
5. In the next screen, Create DB2 Services, choose
Create a DB2 instance
by tabbing the highlight to that option, and pressing the
6. Accept all defaults in the DB2 instance screen that appears next, by using
the Tab key to move to
and pressing the
key. Note that the
system generated password that will be used is ibmdb2.
7. Similarly for the Fenced User screen, choose
and note that the system
generated password that will be used is also ibmdb2. This will now return
to the DB2 Instance screen.
8. Since you may want to use the DB2 Administration Server, choose to
install it now. Highlight the option to
Create the Administration Server
and press the Enter key.
9. Once again, accept all defaults, press
, and note that the system
generated password is ibmdb2. A further notice states that the DB2
variable DB2SYSTEM will be set to the hostname of our server, in this
case bdtest3. Press
10.Back to the DB2 Instance screen, you can proceed further by choosing
11.This brings you to the Summary Report of the DB2 Installer screen.
to start the installation. The installation should proceed as
shown in Figure 8 on page 17.
Linux Web Hosting with WebSphere, DB2, and Domino